Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stake Conference


This last Sunday was our Stake Conference. We had the privilege of having Elder Jeffery R. Holland come to speak to us. It was so amazing and probably the best meeting I have ever been to. He was so laid back and super funny and yet SOOO spiritually powerful. I left the meeting in tears from the things he said and his conviction. One of the things that stood out the most was when he was saying that he hasn't left his family every single day and missed so many things for a joke, that with every fiber of his being he knew this church was true and that he was a witness of it... I can't begin to say it like he did, all I know is that I was sitting there as he said it and you could feel the Spirit pour out of him. It was a good close to our challenge of reading the Book of Mormon in 40 days. It just added to the spirit you felt as you finished it and prayed about its truth. I look forward to General Conference and the messages we will hear there.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome Jodi! He's definitely one of my favorites. What a neat experience for you guys!