Sunday, February 22, 2009

Zoo

On Saturday we took the kids to the zoo with my family. It was such a beautiful day ... I think the high was 50, it was perfect. Every time we take the kids to the zoo we usually go in August, this time was MUCH different. Because it wasn't so hot the animals were soooo active. We got to see the Elephants playing with branches and breaking them in half, we saw the cougar playing with his little toy and the giraffes were trying to lick Saedree's shoes. It was a more pleasant experience to go when it's not 100 degrees outside. We had a great time. It was Annistyn's first time to the zoo and she LOVED it. When we got to the orangutans there was a younger one that we decided that we would play with a little bit, so my dad got out the little laser pen. He would shine it down onto the orangutans hand and the orangutan would just look at it for a minutes and then try and eat it, each time being unsuccessful. We did this a few more times and each time he would maybe try bringing his hand to his mouth a little more slowly and carefully and when that didn't work he tried clasping his hands together trying to catch that stupid little red dot ( it was cute because he would put his hand out waiting for the dot) hahah . After several attempts he just fell over on his back and stayed there like he was worn out. It was the cutest and funniest thing ever. I forgot to add a picture with my dad in it (hahaha) Yes he was there with us.







































3 comments:

Angie Lewis said...

Cute pics - your kids are adorable!

Megan said...

I love Hoogle Zoo! Your family is so cute!

Keri said...

Cute pictures!!! I swear Ididnt steal your background, I thought I picked one far enough through the list that no one else would find it. Sorry.